I’ve finally checked off the elusive letter “Y” on my full review list. That means I’ve read and reviewed something by an author whose last name starts with anything except “X”! When I first started this blog in 2013, I had no idea I’d be able to keep something up for so long. I’m proud to say that there hasn’t been a month without activity.
2016 has been quite a year, so I thought it would be fun to highlight my favourite books of the year. They made me laugh, cry, or otherwise stood out due to some special characteristic. You can also read full reviews on the “all reviews” tab. In the order I read them this year, here’s my top 10!
- The Year We Fell Apart – Emily Martin (Harper, you owe Declan and all of us for what you put us through.)
- Love and Other Theories – Alexis Bass (Aubrey is truly a bad b***h.)
- Suffer Love – Ashley Herring Blake (I forgot how much I liked physical paper books until I got this ARC in the mail.)
- The Loose Ends List – Carrie Firestone (Coolest. Grandma. Ever.)
- Cherry – Lindsey Rosin (The Chat gives me life.)
- Never Stop Falling – Ashley Drew (This could’ve easily been a harrowing tale.)
- Kiss Cam – Kiara London (I can’t believe you’re MY AGE.)
- This Adventure Ends – Emma Mills (I want twins like Vera and Gabe in my life.)
- Somewhere in Between – Melissa de la Cruz (I am so sorry your first vote turned out this way, Ms Cruz.)
- Places No One Knows – Brenna Yovanoff (I’d trade insomnia for Marshall Holt.)