I was nominated by http://islandgeekgirl.wordpress.com for The Liebster Award (take a look at her blog)! This award puts a spotlight on quality blogs that deserve more recognition (200 followers or less). It’s a great way to discover new blogs and get to know bloggers a bit better. A big thank you to “islandgeekgirl” (owner of the blog “Overflowing Bookshelves”) for introducing me to this award and nominating me for it!
- Link back to the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 10 other blogs with less than 200 followers. (TBD)
- Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 10 questions for the blogs you nominate. (TBD)
- Let the blogs know you’ve nominated them. (TBD)
Answers to islandgeekgirl’s questions
1. What are you currently reading? Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters by Natalie Standiford
2. What is your favorite movie/TV show adaption from a book? I’m holding out for some really wonderful upcoming adaptations, but I really enjoyed The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
3. Which book had the most satisfying ending for you? I’m no good at remembering endings. I feel like any journey or road trip always has a satisfying ending.
4. Which author’s head would you most like to be in for a day? John Green, hands down — he leads such a fascinating life.
5. What’s your number one hated love triangle(or pairing if no triangle)? I feel like a lot of love triangles are pointless because authors often favour one character so much more than another. Maybe Katniss/Peeta/Gale because I hate how Collins wrote Gale off without Katniss making a decision.
6. Which 2014 book released are you most anticipating? LOADS. I can’t wait for To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han or Isla and the Happily Ever After – Stephanie Perkins or Biggest Flirts – Jennifer Echols.
7. Do you have any reading guilty pleasures? YA contemporary is often considered a guilty pleasure in itself. However, I’m particularly guilty of indulging in stories relating to: boarding schools, road trips, opulence, food, and vanilla-fluffy reads.
8. What’s the one book(or series) you wish you could erase from memory just so you can read it for the first time? I read books so often that I normally erase books from my memory anyway (so I re-read even more frequently). Maybe the Divergent trilogy though — I’d love to have a fresh read right before Allegiant.
9. What’s one book you hope doesn’t get turned into a movie because you just know Hollywood would ruin it? Thirteen Reasons Why – Jay Asher
10. How many books have you read so far this year? 95 new + a ton more re-read!